To upgrade your Salesforce Experience, what could be one of the best options? To be specific with the process, when you create a contract in Salesforce, you need to get a signature from your customers.
And to do so, you have two choices: The first one could be the traditional way of sending the document to the customer by email, and after that, they sign it to send you back by email.
The second one is one step ahead and an upgrade to Salesforce in this era which we mentioned on the top. Go to the Salesforce AppExchange Marketplace to implement DocuSign and accelerate the process of getting the signatures on the document.
What is the significant difference between these two methods?
The first process or the traditional one is time-consuming; it might take as long as a week.
Also, one needs to print out the document and then again scan the same to send it back, making it possible to store a digital copy in your system.
Nonetheless, the second process is way more efficient and quicker. It is almost on the go!
Are you interested to know more about this modern process and integration of the same? Then let us dive deep into Salesforce DocuSign Integration.
About Key advantages offered by DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce
DocuSign eSignature offers multiple benefits for Salesforce, and we have listed some of such key advantages. Let us have a quick look at the key advantages provided by DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce.
Here are a few benefits to look at right away:
Go Accurate, Efficient and Effective: Adding signature becomes errorless, quicker and just a matter of minutes. The complete process of documentation becomes accurate. Merging the data from any of the Salesforce objects into the agreement becomes effortless.
Operation Costs are decreased: The cost which otherwise might be spent on employees handling & tracking the documents is saved. Along with that, marginal costs for ink, paper, faxing, posting, and printing is held.
More Secure option: The overall system and workflow are automated, making the process secure and legally bound. It also aids in offering a complete trial for audits.
Leaves an enduring impression: Your customers would be glad to be working with more innovative solution providers. They could sign the documents anywhere, anything and on any device owing to Salesforce DocuSign Integration.
Why use DocuSign?
With DocuSign integration, you have a lot of benefits. Here are some of them you should be aware of while you use DocuSign:
- DocuSign helps reduce paperwork and move everything online effortlessly and effectively.
- It significantly impacts the transaction time, and after your business has integrated it, you no longer need to wait for days to get the signature done. The entire process, which used to take days, can now be done within a few minutes only.
- DocuSign makes the entire process secure and safe with the help of a digital signature.
- The documents you send across are stored in the cloud, and hence there is no risk of them getting lost. You can always find them safe and at the right location in the cloud.
- You can send and receive the documents effectively and securely, irrespective of time, place, distance, or even device.
How does DocuSign work with Salesforce?
Well, after knowing the key advantages and benefits of having Salesforce DocuSign Integration, you might be more curious to know how it works with Salesforce.
So let us know about it. The best part about Salesforce DocuSign Integration is that you do not require any coding.
And it can be done when you follow the comprehensive step-by-step process mentioned in the guide to install and integrate DocuSign with Salesforce.
Out of all the fantastic options available for the Salesforce Administrators for integrating DocuSign with Salesforce, the best one is to employ professionals or consultants to help you with the integration process. At the same time, you focus on your core business.
It’s just a suggestion to make the entire process quicker, smoother & accurate for you.
Along with that, these professionals can help you discover the useful hidden features which you might have missed.
You can then work on managing your administrative process effectively to help your business profitability. After the integration process, you can proceed with configuring the same.
Understanding of the process: Salesforce DocuSign Integration
Let us now go deeper into the automation of the process, from quoting to cashing.
Here is an overview of how the process of integration works. It can even automate the overall sales process. You might configure the price quote of the software.
And a sales tool can help you generate accurate and quick quotes for the orders.
Also known as the Quote-to-Cash process, wherein the end-to-end business transactions are automated.
It includes everything from identifying the customers’ intent, using CRM, sending a quote, signing the contracts, and receiving the funds or cash.
Let us look at the process overview now:
- The Salesforce CPQ can be embedded within Salesforce to configure the offers.
- Then the quotes are generated, which are safe as well as secure.
- Send quotes to a prospect easily.
- The quotes can be sent to the customers for eSignature with DocuSign without leaving the Salesforce Platform.
- After the approval and signature on the quotes, the rep can send another document, a Sales Contract.
- After that with just one click, data from the opportunity is automatically populated in the sales contract and need no rekeying.
- While signing the agreements, the customers can even provide additional information such as shipping address or PO number.
- At this step, the order is processed. And an invoice is generated, which can again be settled by the customer using CPQ software.
- Cash is collected, reallocated, and everything becomes secure, quick and automated.
Note: The data (along with signed agreement) from the process is automatically stored in the backup for Salesforce, later which can be used per business requirements such as reports creation for analysis, etc.
Some tips for better integration that need your consideration
The integration process might not be very tricky for you, and in case you take the help of a consultant, it becomes even more convenient for you. However, it is essential to understand the integration planning tips to get the best results.
Let us read more about these tips:
Identification of key documents
Based on the business size, you might be dealing with varying sizes of documents. Nonetheless, it is important to select the key documents for the beginning of implementation.
By doing so, you give time to employees to build expertise on those initial documents around DocuSign integration. After a while, you can ask the team to widen the area of expertise by picking up the next set of documents, and it will also help in bringing the workflow on track.
Determine the degree of integration
It would help if you found out the degree of integration for each of the documents. Also, It would be best if you asked these questions:
How many signatures do I need?
Do I need to pre-populate the document with data?
Do I need more information on the document?
Do I need to use the additional information provided by the customer while signing the document?
Knowing the answers to these questions can help you decide what to integrate and what not to integrate.
Reviewing the documents
After answering the above questions, you need to review the documents when you have understood the degree of integration required for these documents.
Now make sure:
- Items on the document that require signatures or initials and whether or not the signature or initial is necessary.
- Items that must be pre-populated with information from a Salesforce record
- Items that the signer can amend, correct, or add to the Salesforce record that should be updated.
- Items that the signer can amend, correct, or add to the Salesforce record that does not need to be updated
Make a change to the document design.
Make necessary changes to the documents which were designed for hardcopy completion and signature with a pen.
The advantage of the Salesforce DocuSign Integration is obvious to most businesses. However, some of them find the integration time-consuming and technical or might not have a team to help them. It is advisable to connect with the experts who can help you with the same.
Feel free to connect with our team. You can send in emails, messages or comment below. You can even choose to call us, and our professional will surely provide the desired and suitable solution to help your business grow profitably.